Anaheim, CA, March 12, 2016 – Aurender, a leader in award-winning, high-resolution audio products, announced that their latest downloadable software upgrade [System SW 4.5.58 (5.5.58)] adds several new significant features, including: Qobuz high fidelity streaming, and the company’s unique Smart Copy® function that allows direct music uploading, within their Conductor App, to any Aurender Music Streamer/Player’s internal HDD directly from your NAS or external USB drive — without using a PC or Mac.
These new features are backward-compatible with any Aurender Music Streamer/Player. The Smart Copy process includes all metadata and the copying of either folders, individual files or both from a NAS or attached USB drive into the Aurender. One may select a “target” folder of their choice as the destination for the transferred folders or files. It is merely a “copy” function, and does not currently allow deletion or name changes; this will come in a future software upgrade.
Qobuz, Smart Copy & all new features are backwards-compatible with any Aurender Music Streamer/Player.
For those Aurender models with two internal HDDs: When the target HDD is full, Smart Copy will copy to the second HDD automatically.
Also included in the latest software upgrade: W20 supports on-the-fly DSD to PCM conversion up to DSD64. (The recently–introduced N10 Music Server has had DSD to PCM conversion since its introduction, and supports up to DSD128.)
To Re-Cap All New Features of Upgrade 4.5.58:
1. Support for Qobuz.
2. Smart Copy feature
Copying files and folders can now be done within the app.
You can copy music files from NAS or external USB drive without using a PC/Mac.
Models with two internal HDDs - when target HDD is full, Aurender will copy to the second HDD automatically.
• There is only a copy feature. Not delete or change name. They are in our future to-do list.
3. W20 supports on-the-fly DSD to PCM conversion up to DSD64.
• N10 has had DSD to PCM conversion since the introduction. N10 supports up to DSD128.
1. Improved DAC compatibility.
2. New DAC: Yamaha DACs work with Yamaha Steinberg driver. Yamaha DACs that require the installation of Yamaha’s Steinberg driver on a PC will work with Aurender. You do not need to install drivers on an Aurender.
3. AMM (Aurender Media Manager) Ver. 3.2 is easier to use. Requirement to mount NAS drive before using the AMM has been eliminated.
You can mount drive within AMM.
1. Add-to-Next using TIDAL - now a song added doesn’t go to the end of the queue.
2. W20 stuck after trying to play DSD128 without a USB DAC.
3. Other bugs fixed and overall stability and usability improved.